Thank you Patti Dobrowolski for providing this wonderful exercise on how to create your reality from your dreams through the power of visualization. Please watch this because I cannot do justice in explaining the full benefits of this exercise.
ACT ON IT.
I highly recommend that you watch this charismatic woman explain this phenomenon because it is inspirational and factual. Harness the brain because no one else knows your dreams better than your own brain. We remember things better when there is a picture associated with it, about 65% more compared to auditory stimulation.
In this exercise, we trick the brain by utilizing the abilities of both the right and left hemisphere of the brain. The left side is the critic and intellectual. The right side is the creative, imaginative part of the body that is fill with endless possibilities and ideas.
Let’s begin tricking our brains…because you get the greatest power when you paint your own picture. Check mine out below.
What you will need: paper, pen or pencil, and colouring medium (paint, crayons, pencil crayons or markers)
- Get a piece of paper.
- Divide the paper into two sides, a right and left side.
- On the left side, draw your current state (i.e., current job, education, partner, family, pet, emotions, etc).
- On the right side, use your imagination and draw what you want your life to be. Do you want to be fill with charisma, energy, love, creativity? If you want a partner, draw that person in. If you need a job/change, draw that change!
- Fill your drawing with colour and emotions.
- When you are finished, look at your artwork and close your eyes so that your brain can process it without any other stimulation.
- Place your dream drawing in a place that you will see it everyday!
Fun fact: your brain releases serotonin when you are drawing and sleeping. Therefore, you feel happy, cool, confident and an all around good feeling.